Mothering on the Edge

Friday, April 22, 2005

Homeschooling

I am a homescooler. Those words make me shiver with anticipation, admiration and fear. I'm being overly dramatic, though--I'm only a homeschooler until the charter school lets Hailey in--probably the rest of this year and perhaps some of next. But the school has blown it--they've absolutely convinced me they don't have the time or inclination to deal with Hailey or me in an appropriate way.

I feel great this morning. I was up early, watching my kids sleep--as excited as...well, the first day of school! But I feel free. Beethoven's Ode to Joy is playing in the family room and I feel it. We're free. Not even my neighbor's disbelief (it was like I finally cracked and ran outside naked screaming, lol) and questions about Hailey's socialization have dampened my mood. Hailey's happy. She was concerned at first that home was going to become school (Will I still be able to play? to watch TV?) but she's shockingly frank about 'not wanting to be bored' anymore...I know this is good. Scary, but good.

Hangin' ten,
Sarah

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 5:17 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------