Saturday, July 07, 2007Seven Things About Me
Double tagged from SassyLime and Muum
- Whenever I take medications, I get the side effects. Every.Single.Time. Antidepressants make me nauseous and jumpy. Birth control makes me depressed. Lortab knocks me out. Sudafed makes me anxiety-prone and wakes me up at night. Sleeping pills make me think the world is coming to an end. Advil and Tylenol seem to be pretty safe. Mostly I avoid drugs when I can. Safer that way.
- I am...particular. That is to say, picky. I like things the way I like them and that's the way it is. Example: My favorite breakfast is yogurt and granola. Low-fat, organic, plain (not vanilla!) yogurt of a certain brand, and granola, made from my recipe by me with real maple syrup and nuts but not fruit. Clothes are the same. This often leads to the perception that I hate everything. Almost. I hate everything except the things I like. I like some things. Just not many things.
- I sometimes hide things around my house to find later. Chocolate, projects, etc. My memory is not that good, and I love surprises. I forget about things and then get to rediscover them later. Some people call this clutter. I call it fun.
- I don't wear perfume. I used to, before I got married. We discovered on our honeymoon that the huz is quite allergic to alcohol-based perfumes. So I don't wear them anymore. I do love scents, though--flowers, essential oils, candles. They're all over the house. I just am careful not to use the extra-strong or alcohol-based ones.
- This has to do with #2, but I have a strong kinesthetic base to the way I see the world. I often say, "It just feels..." But the pickiness thing means I have textures I just do not like. Spaghetti and linguine, for example. Ick. Feels like they're going to crawl down my throat before I'm done chewing. Also...uncooked meat, I hate touching. I could do my own cooking show showing how to cook without touching the meat. What other things... avocados, gelatin... It's not how it tastes, it's how it feels.
- My head is shaped like a heart. That's what my daughter tells me when I do my hair like this>>>>>> What? You don't do your hair like that?
- I am a very nerdy gal. I read a lot. I'm allergic to nature. Clumsy. I almost cried when my computer was down for a few days. Blown power supply. It was like coming home to find my pet had died. Nerdiness doesn't bother me. I know I'm cool.
Posted by Sarah Jean :: 12:49 PM :: 2 Comments: ---------------------------------------