Mothering on the Edge

Sunday, July 30, 2006

A, B, Meme!

From Sassy Lime,
A
ccent -- Midwestern, clipped, with occasional long o=oos, like Canadian/Minnesotan (soory, going oot, etc.) I don't know why. I think it came from my Muum, really. I've never lived in Minnesota or Canada.
Bible book I like -- Only one? Genesis I love lots. Also the poetry in Song of Solomon, Isaiah and Revelations. Can't pass up the gospels and Acts. Can't choose.
Chore I don't care for -- Again...only one? Dishes probably top the list.
Dog or cat-- neither. I like cats. But not enough to own one.
Essential electronics-- ...this is becoming a theme. Computer, dishwasher, laptop, cell phone (love/hate relationship), automatic thermostat dealy.
Favorite movie-- Probably a tie between What About Bob and Heathers. Love that dark humor.
Gold or silver-- either. Mixed. Whatever.
Handbag I carry most often-- I don't. The planner is da lub.
Insomnia-- not since giving birth to my first child.
Job title-- Civilizer of nations, beating heart and causeway, former milk bar and live-in care facility, teacher, agent for change, secret agent in the war against evil, reading coach and mentor to some of the most brilliant minds of the next century. Or, if that's too long, Mom.
Kids-- 3, big H at age 7, little T at age 4, and little E at age 3.

Living arrangements-- I live in a suburb that used to be a small town, in a house that used to be a horse field, with a husband that used to have more free time, and three children that used to be in my dreams, and now wake me up every morning.
Most memorable moment/time-- Laboring, birthing and holding my son and daughters for the first time, my wedding day, my miscarriages, feeling the plane touch down in Utah and feeling like I was finally home when I moved here for college, realizing I might die (twice!) and asking God to let me stay.
Naughtiest childhood behavior-- Unbridled capitalist spirit
Overnight hospital stay-- twice for babies and once with a stroke.
Phobias-- Insanity, addiction and drowning
Quote --
"To reach a goal you have never before attained, you must do things you have never before done." --Richard G. Scott
Religion -- LDS, and Christian. I asked my dad when I was a kid what a Christian was and if I was one. He said a christian is someone who's trying to follow Jesus Christ. So I am a Christian.
Siblings -- 3 sisters and 1 brother. I'm the oldest. And yes, I am always right.
Time I wake up -- 7 in the summer, 8 in the winter (sunrise)
Unusual talent -- the ability to change my weight (+/-10-15 lbs) at will, given a month or two.
Vegetable I refuse to eat -- cooked spinach or "greens"
Worst habit-- chocolate. le sigh.
Xrays-- I don't think I've ever had one, except dental. But I have had MRIs done...does that count?
Yummy stuff I cook(or make) -- Mmm. I bake like it's going out of style. Homemade bread, rolls, cookies, cakes...I've been craving almond macaroon brownies and double chocolate cookies lately.
Zoo animals I like most-- I don't like zoos, really. Poor animals look all sad and lonely.

Tag yourself and join in! let me know in comments that you're playing!


Posted by Sarah Jean :: 7:14 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------