Mothering on the Edge

Friday, November 10, 2006

9 Quirky Things About Me

  1. I don't like lace-up shoes. It's like, there's so much to do in this world, who possibly has time to TIE SHOES? And after the stroke, I didn't bother relearning that particular skill for weeks, maybe months. I was slow at it for years. I have a pair of Keds now. But all the kids' shoes are slip ons or Velcro.
  2. I'm a picky eater. It's all about the textures.
  3. I met my husband when we were 7 and 8 years old. I liked him then, too.
  4. I was scared of trans fat before it was cool. My friends laughed when I asked the drive through girl at Wendy's about trans fat in the fries.
  5. I don't like movies. Overall. I'm the meanest critic in the world. Makes me very difficult to date. I usually pick one or two movies a year that I actually enjoyed. I make sarcastic remarks at the screen when I don't like them. Maybe someday I'll do a Thursday Thirteen of the worst movies I've ever seen.
  6. I stutter when I get angry or nervous.
  7. I studied to be a midwife for a year. I think placentas are really neat.
  8. I sort of think I might die young. So I teach my kids to get along without me, make their own food and stuff. My husband thinks I'm just a slacker. That's part of it, too.
  9. People like to tell me stuff. Personal stuff. Like, when I first meet them. You wouldn't believe what kind of problems people really have. We should all be more sympathetic.

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 7:36 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------