Mothering on the Edge

Thursday, December 21, 2006

All servers are up...

So you may not realize that I'm this geeky, but I play a MMORPG. See, that was geeky even saying that, huh? But I do. This one. It's basically a very elaborate version of "let's pretend." And I love it.

So they bring down the servers for "maintenance" every so often, to upgrade content in the make-believe world and to fix problems. They used to call these "patches" but now they call them "updates." Sounds more professional and less like we're in a leaky boat.

There is a website you can check to see when your particular server/world is back up and running. But it's funny the way they do this. It says:
All servers are up except for:
...and then lists every single one.

Until yours comes off the list, you can't play. So I'm watching this list off and on, thinking I want to play. And I think, I should use this tactic. It's very optimistic. Like, the glass is half-full, you know?

I should post a list that says,
All rooms are clean except for:
Boys Bedroom
Downstairs Bathroom
Entry Way
Family Room
Girls Bedroom
Kitchen
Laundry Room
Master Bedroom
Stairs
Study
Upstairs Bathroom

What do you think?

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 4:45 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------