Sunday, July 27, 2008Camping at Bryce Canyon
Last weekend, we slept in a tipi,
played live-action Tic-Tac-Toe,
and roasted marshmallows.
John and Dad ran in the half marathon. They ran fast, beat those of us in a car to the finish line. John set a new personal record and Dad finished in the top 5 for his age group.
Oh, and there was a big canyon.
Posted by Sarah Jean :: 4:23 PM :: 3 Comments: ---------------------------------------
Tuesday, July 22, 2008Finish These Five
Tagged by The SassyLime...
Each player answers the questions themselves. At the end of the post the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know that they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answers.
Now, we weren't sure if that meant you should give five answers to each of the five questions, or what. I think that's what I'm going to do, just for thematics.
Ten years ago…
- I was newlywed to my one true love. We had moved from a studio apartment shaped like a toaster (ie taller than it was wide) into a sublet on campus apartment.
- I had black hair. Jet black, dyed myself.
- I desperately wanted to be pregnant.
- I was 2 semesters from finishing my degree.
- I had cinderblock and wood shelves, and many, many books. Too many for our tiny apartment.
Five things on today’s “to do” list…
- blog this meme
- call a new faculty member
- go to court (oh, this is a good one, you'll hear about it, I promise)
- pull weeds in garden
Five snacks I enjoy…
- sugar snap peas
- bell peppers
- garlic popcorn
- chocolate chip cookies
Five things I would do if I was a millionaire…
- Trust fund for my future grandkids' college and stuff and some charitable scholarships, grants, etc. One of those funds that gets mentioned on NPR.
- Spoil my husband (but not my kids)
- Responsible stuff: paying off mortgage, etc.
- Run to the tropics and live the life of ease.
Five places I have lived…
- a brick house with sweet peas in the yard
- a little house with grapes in the back
- a blue house with a tulip tree in front
- a series of student apartments
- a green house with a red door and a cookie tree
Posted by Sarah Jean :: 11:38 AM :: 3 Comments: ---------------------------------------
Friday, July 04, 2008A post a month...
Regardless of what you ask, that's all you're getting.
Lemon Rosemary Marinade
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
1/3 c. olive oil
2 Tablespoons fresh minced rosemary (1 tablespoon dry would work too)
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon sea salt
Mix it all together and marinade 4-6 chicken breasts for grilling.
Citrus Barbecue Marinade
1 cup bottled barbecue sauce (I like honey-BBQ)
Wash the orange really well. Using a vegetable peeler, peel off chunks of the orange peel--leave the white part, you just want the orange part. Cut the orange in half and juice it. Yes, it will disintegrate and leave your counter a mess. Add the juice, the sauce and the orange peels to 4-6 chicken breasts and marinade for grilling.
Balsamic and Mustard Marinade
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
1 ranch dressing packet
1/2 c. fat free yogurt (or sour cream if you prefer that)
1/2 c. 1% milk
1/2 teaspoon of chipotle pepper powder
Mix them all together in a water bottle (or old dressing bottle you've cleaned out). You may need to add more milk to thin it down. If you'd rather have dip, use more yogurt and less or no milk. I love this creamy-kicky dressing with veggies.
Posted by Sarah Jean :: 11:50 AM :: 2 Comments: ---------------------------------------