Mothering on the Edge

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Late Night Adventures

So...it got down to 8 degrees last night. Not that interesting, until you consider that I was out walking in it at 2 am. Yes, that's right, genius girl managed to run herself out of gas at 12:30 am at Bangerter Highway and 201. At least I was alone. With the kids, that would have been a real nightmare. Looking back, I should have stayed with the car, but A) for the first half mile, I thought I was on a different road (56th West) that had more businesses open 24 hours, and B) I had this fear that it being so late, I would fall asleep and freeze to death. It was very cold.

So I walked for about a mile and a half to the nearest gas station (actually, it turns out there was a closer one, but in the opposite direction) which wasn't actually open, but did have pay phones, call the husband (who I think is a little grumpy with me still) and have him come get me. A nice man named Adolfo stopped and let me sit in his (WARM) truck while I waited to be picked up. He's from Mexico and was taking his wife tacos at work where she was working the late shift. Very nice man. So...what can I say? Make sure your cars have full tanks of gas, and keep a blanket in the car. It's COLD out there!

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 9:45 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------