Mothering on the Edge

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Cleaning out the Car

So today, my beloved made a small request of me. He said, (with a longing look and trembling eyelashes) "Would you clean out the car today? It's getting pretty nasty." And since he was changing the oil in 2 cars, not to mention providing for our family single-handedly and being the incredible specimen of manhood he is, I decided to grant him this one small request.

So I went out to clean out Dora (the Explorer) and lo, what wondering wisdom did I find? First of all, apparently my kids take off their socks (but not their shoes) in the car...a lot! I found 4 free-floating socks (one caked with used granola, thank you!) and one pair of STILL-FOLDED SOCKS! Also an assortment of toys, wrappers and lollipop sticks (our bank knows their target demographic), two pairs of my gloves-I like to stuff them between the front seats and forget about them, directions to half a dozen places and one of my husband's ties. Makes me wonder if they all take off their clothes in the car when I'm not looking...

Now we need to vacuum and go through a carwash, but I'll save that for when I need the kids to do something...a carwash ride is big bucks in kid currency.

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 5:23 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------