Mothering on the Edge

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Boys and Sugar

My 2 year old is coming down off the Christmas sugar high. He asked me to read him a story. Sure! So I pull out "Dora's Picnic" and start reading:

"Let's go on a picnic with Dora."
And he shrieks (I'm talking top-of-the lungs, audible 2 houses away SCREAMING), "DORA!!!"
Ooookay. Well, the boy likes Dora. I continue, "She gets 1 pineapple."
Again, the earsplitting enthusiasm, "BINEABBLE!"
"And 2 bananas."
"BADANAS!"
"3 oranges."
"ORANGES!"
"4 guavas."
"GWABAS!"
"and 5 limes."
"LIBES!!!"

We read the whole book this way (Dora had quite a bit of fruit). Then he ran away, waving the book and screaming, "REEEEEAD BOOK!"

Ha! Boys who like to read...who knew they were so loud?

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 4:42 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------