Mothering on the Edge

Sunday, January 07, 2007

6 Weird Things about Me

tagged by The Sassy Lime

"According to the rules... Each player of this game starts with the "6 Weird Things about You". People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog!"

1. I have long, slender fingers and toes. 8 1/4" across from thumb to pinky. I've been teased about this, but more and more I find it rather useful.

2. I love etymology. Really. Love it. How words came to mean what they do and their relationships to other words fascinates me. I mean: Humble, Humus, Human!

3. I appear to be perfectly healthy, when in reality my heart can't keep time. It doesn't bother me. Kind of takes marching to the beat of your own drummer to a whole new level.

4. I hate shopping for clothes. I go with the Sass because she makes it fun. We make fun of new styles together. Last trip we found 3 pairs of shoes she liked and only 1 I was willing to try on. I didn't buy them.

5. My husband says I have had more hair colors than he has had cars. I can't verify this. He has owned a lot of cars.

6. I have what is often called a "quirky" or even "zany" sense of humor. I don't know what that means. Some things are just funny. Like the time-filling spot our PBS station plays...it's scenery shots set to the classical piece, Air on a G-string? Surely I'm not the only PBS viewer that finds that funny.

I tag: Magically Mama (who may take her time, as she has a new baby), M&M Thoughts, Owlhaven, Chris from Notes from the Trenches, and Daring Young Mom. Ok, seventh thing is I can't really count. I'm like that horse. I think I'll tag Each of My Kids and my local hunk, too. Because we weirdos travel in packs. Watch for those over the next few days.

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 10:28 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------