Mothering on the Edge

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Hoopla

Christmas Hoopla
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.

1. I love my Santa gourd. It's a red-painted gourd I made in preschool with bits of batting stuck on for a beard and stuff. I usually have to explain to people that it's Santa.
2. Christmas was rough for me for a few years, because I've had three miscarriages, one right before Christmas.
3. Except for infertile women and those who have experienced an infant loss, people don't realize Christmas is all about a baby.
4. This year is better. I'm happy.
5. And a little stressed. But I went for a massage today.
6. It was divine. I feel much better.
7. My mom gave me for Christmas one year copies of her journals from the years I was growing up.
8. Reading them makes me cry.
9. Especially one about my dad.
10. My favorite Christmas story is The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.
11. I also like Lost Boys (no, not this or this). I know it looks like horror. It is, but it's a Christmas story too, but it's pretty dark. For Christmas. Or anytime.
12. My favorite Christmas carol is Joy to the World.

I tag...The Sassy Lime, The Muum, Chris, the Daring One, Magically Mama, and Josi.

Labels:


Posted by Sarah Jean :: 5:04 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------