Mothering on the Edge

Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Carterisms

Christmas is over, and we've had a great time. Thought I'd share a few of the funny things that could have been overheard at our house this week.

from Tori in an argument over roles for the Christmas pageant:
"No! No sheep! I'm the unihorn!" (yes, our stable had unicorns and three princesses bringing gifts to the manger)

from Hailey when explaining why she should get everything she asked for for Christmas:
"Jesus wants me to have it."

from Ender when discovered trying to climb under the Christmas tree, presumably looking for more presents:
"Don't fit!"

Hailey again, with questions about leadership:
"So, is Jesus in charge of Christmas? Or Santa Claus?"
(We decided that the two are very close friends, and Jesus has asked Santa to run most of the Christmas show so He can concentrate on more important things, like redeeming the world.)

My favorite gift (that I received): new laptop!
My second favorite gift: a sign from my mother in law that says: Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses!
My favorite gift (that I gave): bonsai trees for John
My favorite toy (that the kids got): Tori's doll house. I should have bought myself one
Most violent toy: a Skydancer (you pull a string and it's arms whip out like propeller arms and launch it toward the ceiling) It's already taken a bad fall on the pavement and knocked its head off. Poor doll.
Most disturbing: I gave one of my girls a barbie doll whose dress was almost completely sheer. How did I not notice this earlier?

I have to get off the computer. Hailey is jumping up and down..."Carmen SanDiego is getting away!"

Merry New Year and Happy Christmas!

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 4:50 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------