Mothering on the Edge

Friday, March 17, 2006

Thirteen Things that Make me Happy


Thirteen Things that Make me Happy
  1. Arby's opening before noon and serving real food, not fake-breakfast fast food. What's wrong with curly fries and a roast beef sandwich for breakfast?
  2. Arby's again--giant straws for their shakes. You don't even have to ask for them. None of this spoon business. If I'm eating fast food, I'm eating in the car. NO SPOONS!
  3. My soundtrack. That's what I'm calling my new Cricket phone (*I don't count!*) because it plays music for me, like one of those cool iPod dealies. It's like having my own movie soundtrack to walk around with. Gift from the hunk, of course.
  4. Good friends that help me believe in myself.
  5. My daughter's school. They wear uniforms--cute red and blue plaid jumpers and whatnot. But no green. And today, my daughter came home with a green markered heart on one hand, and a shamrock on the other. Why? "The teachers put them on so people would stop pinching me." I can just imagine teachers running around with a green magic marker, trying to protect the 1st graders from each other. Ha!
  6. Same daughter's four-leaf clover. Actually a one-leaf clover that she tore in 3 places. Apparently they're even MORE lucky that way.
  7. Dry days
  8. Crazy people like this
  9. AromaTHERAPY baths. Yes, the therapy is the important part of that.
  10. My sister, who came over today, just to play with the kids while I made dinner.
  11. My son, who picked out his own clothes today. T-shirt, jeans, and a smoo-ooth bow tie. Can't beat it.
  12. Tin foil--kitchen cleanup? No way.
  13. www.readthescriptures.com. I'm 26% of the way to my goal!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
  1. The Sassy Lime
  2. Heather Duncan
  3. Muum
  4. Krisco



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Posted by Sarah Jean :: 5:23 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------