Mothering on the Edge

Monday, May 08, 2006

Because I said so

That's why! The kids are getting the "Whiny Whys" before summer even begins and I'm having dreams about yelling at them (and getting horrible bubbling fungus under my fingernails..connection?). I was relieved to wake up this morning and find that my walls have not been colored on (lately) and the only major thing wrong with our home is the living room bay window, which has been steadily growing a crack since December. MUST GET IT FIXED!!!

In other news, the blond hunk has his own blog--it's an engineering blog...not exactly my target demo, but that's ok. He's converting a Geo Metro to electric, as his little way of "sticking it to the man." At least it's not an MG.

And I'm cleaning my kid's rooms today in preparation for an EXTREME ROOM MAKEOVER!!! H is turning 7 this weekend, and so we're moving her into a room with her sister, kicking little E into solitary confinement and painting the "girls room" pink. No, I haven't snorted too much play-do dust. This is a great opportunity to stimulate creativity and individuality and HAVE YOU SEEN THE CUTE STUFF THEY HAVE FOR GIRLS ROOMS!!! Muahah. Pictures to follow.

Total interruptions this entry: 15
Questions as to when I would be done: 3
Requests for juice/snacks (all rejected): 4
Potty announcements: 2
Imaginary phone calls fielded: 3
Suggestions for site improvement for preschool usefulness (click on THAT, Mom!): 10
Chair yoga: 6 asanas for improved flexibility and health (hold me, Mom!)

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 8:56 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------