Mothering on the Edge

Saturday, May 27, 2006

~French Toast~

So, I do the massive cooking. This morning we made French Toast Sticks-me and the kids. I got the recipe here: http://www.30daygourmet.com/Manuals/Daycare_Cookbook.asp. That site is good, they have downloadable cookbooks you can pay for, and a good share of free recipes, like the french toast sticks! They're great fun to make with the kids (messy!) and make good quick breakfasts.

I'm working on a healthier version of the recipe (not so much the wonder bread and white sugar)--I'll post it if it's any good.

In other news, Sassy and I have been busy with our grandmother (yes OUR grandmother, my kids' great-grandmother) in town. She's a busy, smart lady, kind of sassy and edgy herself. We had a really good time. My suddenly-shy kids even took a shine to her after a few visits (and well-placed birthday presents).

And, it's memorial day weekend and guess what? It's going to SNOW today! HAHAHA. Welcome to Utah. It probably won't get to my house, but the foothills are almost certain to see some rain turning to snow. The Muum is almost certainly protecting her tomaters today.

Tori has reached her goal of a calendar "covered in stars". She's potty trained. Dry for 10 days solid...using the facilities at friends' houses and even in public with the dreaded "loud flush". I'm so proud I could almost throw diapers around the house and dance a little jig. Or maybe I did. Now we move on to the finer points of the art of potty: reliable use of TP, flushing every time and using less than 2 cups of liquid soap to wash hands. But who cares? Haha! 2 down, 1 to go.

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 7:54 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------