Mothering on the Edge

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I'll be wearing khakis and sweaters this fall

This is not a fashion blog. I have a certifiable fashion disability. My sister chooses my best clothes. But this...I cannot not comment on this. When, exactly, did ugly come back in style?

  • the earrings I actually like
  • the chunky necklace...not my thing, but alright
  • sequinned or bead-embellished T-shirt..
  • faux fur lining on a zippered AND buckled sweater?! Why?











  • first, let's talk about the colors. Shades of green. That's me, the color I'm turning as I look at this. Shades of GREEN, people!
  • the scarf. Wow. It takes a lot of confidence to pull something like that off. Oh, wait, did I say confidence? I meant XANAX!
  • The spandex (or is that vacuum-packed) blouse. With, could it be? sequin details? Wow.
  • And the sweatervest. Even if the picture hasn't loaded yet, you know...there is no excuse for a sweatervest. Ever. Unless you are male and under the age of 6...no excuse.


  • ruched
  • camo
  • capris

I ask you...what did we do to deserve this? WHAT?








They look like they came out of an 80s Michael Jackson video. Probably Thriller. If someone can make this into an animation dancing to thriller...that would be good for a Halloween graphic.

Scary.

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 4:24 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------