Mothering on the Edge

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What a crock!

My husband's family is large enough that we get together once a month to celebrate birthdays. That gathering was Sunday, for my neice and I. Barbeque in the park, with cake. She got a Hello Kitty sound-enabled backpack (so she can turn her MP3 player into a boombox?) and a Care Bear train set, among other things. She's 6 and was very excited about new curtains for her room. Her little sister and E ran around the park happily until they both fell down and had to be comforted with birthday cookies. Then they ran around with cookies.

I got a gift card, a kitchen nifty (one of those things you drop in with boiling eggs to tell you when they're done) and a crock pot cookbook. I mused aloud (why do I do that?) that maybe I should buy a crock pot. What? Edge doesn't have a crock pot? How can this be?

Well, I had one, once. But it got gross. Baked on...something. I let it soak. For a week. It was revolting. I couldn't touch it. Vomitrotrious. (seriously, I was pregnant) And so, in a fit of poor-homemaking rage, I took it out to the dumpster and...no more crockpot.

But now they have these dealies. For protecting crockpots from...food. You all know how I love dealies. Especially those that prevent the need for dishwashing. They do cost between $.40 and $.80 each, depending on how many you buy at a time. For me, it's worth it. Crockpotopia, here I come!

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 8:24 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------