Mothering on the Edge

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Foods We Like

I am a picky eater. Some of my children have gone or are going through stages of pickiness. I once made a list of Foods We Like (ie foods everyone in the house likes). I think there were 10 things on it. But I have discovered some general rules to the madness.
  1. We like things that smell good. Bacon, fresh fruit, fresh bread, granilla.
  2. We like things that are a good texture. Things that are boiled or canned often suffer because of this. The kids like pasta anyway. I do not. Frozen veggies are better than canned.
  3. We like food on a stick. Why? We don't know. Corndogs, kebabs, hor d'ourves. It's just fun to eat.
  4. We like food inside other food. Ice cream sandwiches, Pigs in a blanket, Chicken Cordon Bleu. Sometimes it makes otherwise unpalatable food better. Chicken rolls are a good example. Ravioli is the exception. See #2.

Labels: ,


Posted by Sarah Jean :: 7:38 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------