Mothering on the Edge

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thirteen Things about ME!


Thirteen Things about Edge
  1. I'm an oldest child. That's why I'm so bossy.
  2. I also always think I'm right. If I didn't think I was right, I wouldn't have an opinion.
  3. I grew up in a family of mostly girls. I like girls. Boys are cool, too.
  4. I tend to think in terms of a female-based society. Toilet seats go down, feelings are valid, etc. Farts are not funny.
  5. I saw a friend from high school a few months ago (a rare thing--high school was not my favorite part of life). She said that I was the same fiery, rabblerousing person I was then, just instead of the environment and freedom of the press, my issues were now homebirthing rights and charter schools.
  6. She's right. But I'm better looking now and much more confident.
  7. This same friend taught me to fistfight when a bully was threatening me at school.
  8. I have never been in a fist fight, but I have considered it a couple of times.
  9. I crochet baby booties, but never put them on my babies.
  10. I teach my kids to be independant. As I write this, my 3-year-old is trying to change his own diaper.
  11. My kids collectively own ZERO lace-up shoes. They don't know how to tie shoestrings and I'm not gonna teach them. It's my little way of stickin' it to the kindergarten-curriculum man.
  12. I'm going shopping for Father's Day gifts today.
  13. I have no ideas, so the plan is to wander around Sears in a stupor. Go team!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Posted by Sarah Jean :: 7:26 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------