Thursday, June 22, 2006Thirteen Things about Ovarian Cancer
Thirteen Things about Ovarian Cancer
- My husband's grandmother died of ovarian cancer.
- Ovarian cancer will kill more than 16,000 women this year alone.
- Ovarian cancer occurs in 1 in 57 women.
- The symptoms of ovarian cancer are easy to miss:
- Bloating, a feeling of fullness, gas
- Frequent or urgent urination
- Nausea, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea
- Menstrual disorders, pain during intercourse
- Fatigue, backaches.
- There is currently NO early detection screening for ovarian cancer.
- Early detection means before it has spread to other organs, and a survival rate of over 90%.
- Most ovarian cancer is diagnosed after it has spread, when the survival rate is 24%.
- I do not intend to die of ovarian cancer.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Posted by Sarah Jean :: 12:07 PM :: 8 Comments: ---------------------------------------