Mothering on the Edge

Sunday, January 14, 2007

6 Weird Things about T


  1. She chews not only her fingernails, but her toenails, too.
  2. She prefers dresses and skirts in the color pink to all other clothes. She will only wear sneakers when it is muddy or snowing outside, otherwise insisting on her princess shoes. She has been known to say to stylish adult women (never me, mind you), "Cute shoes! Where did you get them?"
  3. She is an artist. She has started drawing in perspective and distinguishing between foreground and background in her work. She still has some trouble with horizons. If anyone could help with this, I'd be obliged, because I don't understand it myself.
  4. She is the neatest child I have ever met. She cleans up after me. I rotate her daily chore around the house because her assigned room is always the cleanest.
  5. She is afraid of having her hair cut because it will change the way she looks. I think she's worried it will change who she is or people won't recognize her. I'm not sure, though.
  6. She writes musical notes and then asks people (who know how to read music) to sing them for her. She requests staff paper on a weekly basis.

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 1:48 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------