Mothering on the Edge

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Soundtrack of My Life

if my life was a movie...

if my life was a movie, what would my soundtrack be?

so, here's how it works:
1. open your music library
2. put it on shuffle
3. press play
4. for every question, type the song that's playing
5. when you go to a new question, press the next button
6. don't lie and try to pretend you're cool.

opening credits: "Now We Are Free" by Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard on the Gladiator Soundtrack. Interestingly, it plays on the closing credits of Gladiator. For all the gore, I do love that movie. And the music, too. Freedom is important, and sometimes costly. What a great place to start.

waking up: "Just Drive, She Said" by Stan Ridgway. I sometimes have to drive before I'm fully awake. But not like this. I love this ballad of a taxi driver's very exciting morning. Ha!

first day at school: "Star to Follow" by TransSiberian Orchestra. Yes, it's a Christmas song. What about it? I like Christmas music. And I can't, for the life of me, think of a connection to my first day of school. Sorry.

in love: "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi. Independent much?

fight song: "The Rules Song" from Joy School. Yes, it's in there too. My music library is a mash-up. Very important rules for fighting: "We never hit or kick or push our friends at nursery school." Or anywhere else. Come ON!

breaking up: "Stand" by REM. Stand in the place where you live. Now face north. That's what I like to do when I'm finishing a relationship. Get grounded. "Your feet are going to be on the ground. Your head is there to move you around." Use your head.

prom: "Swish and Swipe" on the FLYlady CD. Ya, let's just swish that memory into the sink. Thanks.

life's ok: "Never Let Me Down Again" by Depeche Mode. Um...this is ok? Depressed Mood? Bleh. I'm taking a ride with my best friend. He won't let me down. He never has.

mental breakdown: "All These Things I've Done" by The Killers. Wow...this movie has a depressing middle, I guess. "I want to stand up. I want to let go."

driving: "Beautiful Day" by U2. Ya, who doesn't like listening to Bono in the car?

flashback: "We All Live in a Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles. I've never lived in a submarine. Of any color.

getting back together: "Best Years of My Life" by the Baha Men. These are the best years of my life. "Makes me want to dance!"

wedding: "When I'm 64" with the Beatles again. "I can be handy, mending a fuse." Yup, this is the man I married.

birth of child: "Oh Very Young" by Cat Stevens. Very, very young.

final battle: "White Flag" by Dido. Short final battle. I surrender.

death scene: "Puff the Magic Dragon" by Peter, Paul and Mary. How poignant? "A dragon lives forever, but not so little girls and little boys."

funeral song: "Hands" by Jewel. I like this song. That's fine. "If I could tell the world just one thing..."

end credits: "Goodbye, My Lover" by James Blunt. I'm actually hoping he goes first...so it can be hello again, my lover. But we'll manage.

Everybody play! Comment to let me know you have a soundtrack, too!

Labels: ,


Posted by Sarah Jean :: 9:20 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------