Mothering on the Edge

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Popular

So, I recently had a friend accuse me of holding out on her, although I could swear I've already bragged about this to anyone who would care. But I guess not. So once I post it here, I've told the world, right?

For those who don't know, I teach childbirth classes. Usually one night a week, 6 weeks out of every 2 months. I also used to work as a doula. I don't anymore because I found it too stressful to be called away from my posse at all hours of the night, as much as I enjoyed it.

A few weeks ago, a doula friend of mine asked if I would speak at the state doula conference.
Flattering? Yes. And I get to speak about something from my childbirth education style, which is even better because I actually KNOW all about it and LOVE to talk about it. So, February 24, 4:00 pm. It went on the calendar.

Not even a week after that, another (former childbirth educator) friend called to ask if I could speak at the Successful Mothering Conference. Wow! You bet! About preparing for a second or later baby in the family. My session is called: Baby Makes 3, 4, or More. You're excited, right?

But here's the kicker. It's on the SAME DAY. February 24. In the morning. Hahahaha. I'm double booked. Luckily, it's in the same city and I'll just dash between them at lunchtime. For some reason, this little coincidence makes me feel twice as popular, even though these are the only requests I've had to speak in...years. Still. Pretty cool.

Posted by Sarah Jean :: 7:32 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------